- Hyderabad, India, Piscataway, NJ
Transcend is seeking an energetic, experienced, senior Dev Ops person who is passionate about applying technology to solve complex challenges. As Transcend Dev Ops Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation. We are modernizing our DevOps practice, which includes implementing the latest DevOps philosophies and methodologies. As a part of this modernization effort, the ideal candidate will help train/ mentor the team on best practices within the DevOps space.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related technical degree; or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of DevOps experience including the use of Bitbucket, Git and cloud-based solutions (AWS) or similar.
- 3-5+ years of experience in CI/CD methodologies, automation pipeline, workflows and tools.
- 5+ years of career experience including software development, systems administration, and cloud-based application management.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure, security, Linux, image hardening, scaling, fail-over, load balancing, etc. Strong experience with monitoring and alerting.
- Hands on experience shell scripting, python, cron setup.
- Experience with Dockers, Kubernetes, Ansible with focus on Microservices deployment and scalability
- Experience with automating the installation of various infrastructure services such as Middleware, Databases etc.
- Understanding of business practices, looks for vulnerabilities, and provides continuous monitoring and testing across all platforms
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Implement and manage continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) systems and methodologies on-premise and in a cloud platform.
- Design and maintain tools to automate operational and application processes.
- Assist with creation of automation scripts and templates for provisioning resources, rolling out tools and new features.
- Help with monitoring systems and providing support.
- Work with all teams to achieve business objectives.
- Coordinating with the third-party service provider for timely repair of the system and repairing minor flaws in hardware
- Ensure that software builds happen predictably, consistently and reliably.
- Assist development in troubleshooting system and software issues in all environments.