Production Support Engineer
- Piscataway, NJ
Transcend is seeking a Product Support Engineer who is passionate about working with clients & technology to translate requirements into a product capability. This role will work with the business users and software developers to identify and prioritize technical and functional requirements to create innovative solutions delivering advanced capabilities for financial services, supporting their collateral management, capital management, and compliance needs related to global capital markets transactions.
- 3+ years of strong production support (L3 support) experience.
- Working Knowledge in Java, Linux, and SQL
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Monitor all alerts and Report any issue that may significantly impact the business.
- Monitoring, analyzing, troubleshooting problems, providing code fixes and testing
- Create/develop/utilize application monitoring solutions to enhance application availability and performance in production
- Conduct root-cause analysis as and when needed and propose a corrective action plan
- Follow established set of processes while handling issues and for proper escalation of unresolved issues to appropriate internal/external teams
- Responsible for reports, requests (like RFP), Maintaining the SLA (Service Level Agreement) and account payable records
- Maintain logs of all issues and ensure resolutions according to quality assurance tests for all production processes.
- Ensure on-time delivery of all assigned tasks – incidents, problem tickets, etc.
- Adhere to the defined support delivery process/guidelines like Problem
Management, Incident Management, Change Management, SLA Compliance,
Productivity, other application goals, etc.
- Identify and learn more about the software and hardware used/ supported by the organization.
- Develop/propose innovative approaches on process improvements & automation possibilities
- Experience in Finance (Banking) domain preferred
- Work independently to be able to communicate effectively with users, and development and support teams during downtimes and when there are questions or issues to be addressed
- Core Java, Spring, JDBC, J2EE.
- SQL, Query, Rest API, MongoDB.
- Unix Shell scripting, Servlets, JSP, Security
- Ticketing tools like Jira.