Highlights from the ISF-ISLA Securities Finance webinar series
On July 9, 2020, Bimal Kadikar, CEO of Transcend, spoke on the ISF-ISLA panel discussion on “COVID-19 & Chain Reactions: The Transmission of Effects Across Markets & Institutions.” The group discussed what has been expected and unexpected during the health crisis. And based on lessons learned what changes can be expected from business, operations and technology perspectives?
“Firms struggled to get a clear picture of their #collateral and margin exposures during the most volatile months of the crisis…We expect this to bring more focus to centrally coordinated collateralised businesses and operations.”
– Bimal Kadikar, CEO, Transcend
Panel participants were:
- Mark Faulkner, Co-Founder, Credit Benchmark – Moderator
- Nigel de Jong, Head of Sales and Relationship Management, RepoClear, LCH
- Bimal Kadikar, Founder and CEO, Transcend
- James Templeman, Global Head of SL Trading, BlackRock
- Simon Sourigon, ED, Head of Global Securities Financing Americas, Natixis
Read more in the Global Investor article recapping the discussion.