Transcend is seeking an energetic and experienced Senior QA Engineer to join our growing team. Demand for our industry-leading solutions is rapidly growing throughout the industry and, as a result, our team is growing! If you enjoy working in a fast paced firm providing technology solutions at some of the world’s largest banks, broker-dealers, asset managers, and custodians, this is the perfect job for you!
Your day-to-day responsibilities are to:
- Support the planning, design and execution of system testing on simple to complex implementations.
- Work collaboratively with Product Owners and Software developers execute and validate test cases based upon requirements.
- Review user requirements documents to ensure that requirements are understood and testable
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports on multiple projects of varying size.
- Recognize and predict use cases to help test various scenarios based on user requirements
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Work directly with product owners and developers to coordinate end to end testing, defect management and sign off.
You’re a perfect fit if you…
- Have successfully worked as a QA Engineer
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to take feedback constructively and iterate on ideas and solutions from multiple stakeholders with differing opinions
- Are a meticulous thinker who can effectively work out all the details when presented with big ideas
- Thrive in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Have a passion for championing innovation
- Are detail-oriented, demonstrating thoroughness and strong ownership of work
- Are a quick learner with a demonstrated strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them
- Can effectively prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment and have a good sense of urgency (problem management and escalation)
- Have strong oral and written communications skills that demonstrate a professional demeanour and the ability to interact with others with discretion and tact
- Have experience working in a FinTech or other smaller companies (nice to have)
A background like this is key to success in this role….
- Bachelor’s of Science in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- 3-5 years of experience working in the Securities Finance, Derivatives, and/or Collateral Management business areas
- Experience working within an agile development process, specifically with Scrum and backlog management tools
- Experience working with Testing Tools such as Test Complete
- Experience with Test Automation
- Experience with projects, involving front-end applications
Help us optimize the Capital Markets.
Transcend Street Solutions delivers innovative, modular technology solutions that solve the industry’s most complex challenges – within each business and across the enterprise. Our mission is to help firms completely redefine how they manage and think about collateral, leading to increased liquidity, lower costs and greater compliance.
Job Title: Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
Seniority Level: Senior
Industry: Financial Services, Computer Software
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Piscataway, NJ
Position you are applying for: Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer [Senior, Piscataway, NJ]