Transcend is seeking a software developer who is passionate about applying technology to solve complex challenges. This role will work with the senior and mid-level software developers to drive the innovative development of our modular technology solutions delivering advanced capabilities for financial services, supporting their collateral management, capital management and compliance needs related to global capital markets transactions. Our software is built using cutting edge technologies and our developers work on a variety of projects designing, building, enhancing and maintaining the code base for our core product (Transcend Software).
Qualifications & Experience
In addition to the below, a Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science or related field is required OR 2-3 years of hands-on work experience.
- Technical Skills (academic experience
- Strong Core Java concepts
- Java Server side development experience
- Working knowledge of building effective API(s)
- Database technologies and SQL query experience (SQL Server / Oracle / etc.)
- Java Message Service (JMS) – including point-to-point messaging, message types, message delivery to non-Java clients, etc.
- Server-side programming technologies (strong)
- Java Message Oriented Middleware (MOM) API
- RDBMS concepts
- Microsoft SQL server or Oracle database
- Spring (preferred)
- Multi-Threading/Concurrency (preferred)
- MongoDB or Hadoop (preferred)
- Some caching technology, such as Ignite or Coherence (preferred)
- Additional Non-Technical Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytics skills, with ability to proactively identify issues before they become major problems.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Detail oriented, demonstrating thoroughness and strong ownership of work
- Quick learner with a demonstrated strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them
- Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; Good sense of urgency – problem management and escalation
- Strong oral and written communications skills that demonstrate a professional demeanor and the ability to interact with others with discretion and tact
- Understanding of capital markets and/or financial services is a plus
To thrive in this role, candidates should have a keen interest in the financial markets. Please note that experience in Web technologies like JSP, JSF or Servlet is NOT required.
Transcend’s Software Developer will work with the leads and other developers to develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Work closes with other software developers to produce robust core Java code primarily using core Java principles around multi-threading, messaging and caching technologies
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Job Title: Software Developer
Seniority Level: Associate
Industry: Financial Services, Computer Software
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Hyderabad, India
Position you are applying for: Core Java Developer [Associate, Hyderabad, India]