Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Seniority Level: Senior
Industry: Financial Services, Computer Software
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Piscataway, NJ
About our Company:
Transcend Street Solutions delivers innovative, modular technology solutions that solve the industry’s most complex challenges – within each business and across the enterprise. Our mission is to help firms completely redefine how they manage and think about collateral, leading to increased liquidity, lower costs and greater compliance.
Transcend is seeking an energetic, experienced, Senior Software Developer who is passionate about applying technology to solve complex challenges. This role will drive the innovative development of our modular technology solutions delivering advanced capabilities for financial services, supporting their collateral management, capital management and compliance needs related to global capital markets transactions. Our software is built using cutting edge technologies and our developers work on a variety of projects designing, building, enhancing and maintaining the code base for our core product (Transcend Software).
Qualifications & Experience
In addition to the below, a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related Engineering field with 3 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree (equivalent) with 5 years of progressive experience is required.
- Technical Skills
- Experience in application development in financial services industry.
- Experience in Java & J2EE
- Spring IO, Spring Batch
- Web Services
- SOAP & Rest API
- Spring Security
- Shell scripting
- Advanced UNIX programming
To thrive in this role, candidates should have a keen interest in the financial markets.
- Develop software solutions delivering advanced capabilities for financial services by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying system flows, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solutions development, and proposed solutions.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming.
- Use Java and Spring frameworks to develop code for loading data files from different source systems.
- Create customized configuration modules.
- Develop code modules.
- Write database procedures for processing transaction data on multiple database systems including SQL Server and Oracle.
- Develop UNIX shell scripts for pre and post processing of all data feeds.
- Convert the data feeds from source format to the platform standard formats.
- Transform the data into multiple dimensions and aggregate them to show on the UI.
- Deploy the application modules for unit and integration testing.
- Develop unit test cases.
- Debug issues in various environments and provide fixes in a timely manner.
- Create and prepare documentation for different phases of SDLC.
- Develop user support dashboard modules.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org