Transcend is seeking an energetic and experienced Infrastructure Specialist/Systems Administrator to join our growing team. Demand for our industry-leading solutions is rapidly growing throughout the industry and, as a result, our team is growing! If you enjoy working in a fast paced firm providing technology solutions at some of the world’s largest banks, broker-dealers, asset managers, and custodians, this is the perfect job for you!
Your day-to-day responsibilities are to:
- Manage and administer both our cloud (Amazon Web Services) and on-premise infrastructure.
- Install, configure, maintain, and monitor Linux and Windows servers, workstations and cloud services. This includes capacity & storage planning/monitoring.
- Work closely with project teams, DevOps and security to recommend, design and implement infrastructure solutions, tools and processes that are reliable and secure.
- Assist with day-to-day troubleshooting of servers, workstations and version control system and assist with deployment tasks involving data transfers, servers, networking, storage, operating systems and applications. This includes running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Configure Windows workstations and install and configure supporting tools on workstations and support users with day-to-day use of workstations and tools.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
You’re a perfect fit if you…
- Have successfully worked as an Infrastructure Specialist and/or Systems Administrator.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have strong analytical skills, with the ability to proactively identify and address issues before they escalate
- Thrive in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Are detail-oriented, demonstrating thoroughness and strong ownership of work
- Are a quick learner with a demonstrated strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them
- Can effectively prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment and have a good sense of urgency (problem management and escalation)
- Have strong oral and written communications skills that demonstrate a professional demeanour and the ability to interact with others with discretion and tact
- Have experience working in a FinTech or other smaller companies (nice to have)
A background like this is key to success in this role….
- Bachelor’s of Science in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or 3-5 years of relevant experience with Windows operating system administration
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or comparable experience e.g. MS Azure
- Knowledge of networking and remote access including RDP, SFTP, firewalls and subnetting.
- Experience with scripting for automation including Windows command shell (Batch file), Bash and PowerShell
- Experience with version control systems (preferably GIT)
Help us optimize the Capital Markets.
Transcend Street Solutions delivers innovative, modular technology solutions that solve the industry’s most complex challenges – within each business and across the enterprise. Our mission is to help firms completely redefine how they manage and think about collateral, leading to increased liquidity, lower costs and greater compliance.
Job Title: Infrastructure Specialist / Systems Administrator
Seniority Level: Mid-level
Industry: Financial Services, Computer Software
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Piscataway, NJ
Position you are applying for: Infrastructure Specialist / Systems Administrator [Mid-level, Piscataway, NJ]